- 8 fresh figs
- ½ teaspoon of cold unsalted butter per fig
- 1 teaspoon of honey per fig
- vanilla ice cream/ whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F or 190°C
- Cut stems off the tops of the figs. Cut a cross in the fig and gently open it. Be careful not to cut them all the way to the bottom or spread too wide, or they will fall apart.
- Place the figs stem side up in a baking pan.
- Cut ½ teaspoon squares of butter from a block, or measure with a spoon (which is hard to do with cold butter). Put a piece of butter inside each fig, carefully so the fig does not fall apart.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of honey over the fig and butter.
- Bake for approx. 8-10 minutes, until the fig opens up.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream and drizzle the sauce from the pan.
I usually make this dessert when I am in a mood for sugar free sweet something. It saves me from all the guilt. It is super yummy and super healthy( minus the ice cream) and I’d recommend it to everyone who is low on the iron levels.
Forever and ever,